Dare to wear Sheer
by Joneal Legere
If you have any sheer clothing in your closet, you may wonder how you can wear this garment without giving the public an inadvertent peep show. In fact, you can wear a sheer dress or blouse in a manner either daring or demure. The versatility of sheer fabrics should make sheer clothing a wardrobe staple. Going sheer is kind of a leap of faith, but there are a few tricks to get you wearing them without compromising your modesty. A few ways to wear sheer, and start your summer wardrobe off on a sexy note.
- Sheer doesn't have to mean flimsy. A substantial silk can still hint at the skin, but is opaque enough to wear to the office with a chic blazer ,or jacket that will add mystery to what's underneath
- Clothing that's trimmed with opaque fabrics beg for a coordinating camisole to be worn underneath. Never wear your unmentionables under a sheer garment. Buy a dress with a built in lining or embellishments
- If your bra may show, do a darker version of whatever sheer you're wearing. For instance, if you're doing sheer white, wear a white (or tan) bra. If you're doing black, wear black. Purple, darker purple, etc. etc. etc.
- A Sheer blouse with Opaque pockets can let you get away with most sheer styles without fearing any slip-ups.
- Don't forget to accessorize!
Charlize Theron in Christian Dior Couture a black sheer dress with black high waisted underwear at Snow White and The Huntsman Premiere
Ciara attended Maxim's Hot 100 party in LA looking every bit the part in this sheer white Versace blouse & mini
Lovely British model Daisy Lowe wore a completely see-through black and blue dress by Craig Lawerence at the BAFTA Television awards.
Miranda Keer, the Victoria Secret supermodel garnered attention wearing this totally sheer blouse